With our big move coming up, I’ve been busy cleaning out my pantry and trying to use up the ingredients I have on hand. I came across a jar of peanut butter and was trying to decide what to make with it. I hadn’t had peanut butter cookies in a long, long time. So I took a break from packing boxes and used one of the recipes from my old cookbook!
These turned out really crispy and delicious! Peanut butter cookies are the only kind I like on the crisper side. If I make chocolate chip cookies, they have to be super soft. I can be very picky about cookies 😛
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Mix together the first 6 ingredients in a bowl. Sift the last 4 ingredients together in a separate bowl. Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Chill dough for roughly 20 minutes.
- Roll into balls of large size walnuts. (I used a 1 and 1/2 inch cookie scoop)
- Place 3 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten crisscross with a fork dipped in flour or sugar.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until set but not hard.