I enjoy complicated recipes. Ones that involve many steps to create something really amazing. There is something fun about putting that puzzle together. Other times I just want a really simple recipe, something I can throw together in 5 minutes. This granola recipe is just that- 5 minutes and it’s in the oven.
Whenever I make this, it’s usually gone within a few days. It’s that good! My husband likes to put it over his yogurt, I eat it like cereal with milk. And it’s really good just how it is. (I’m eating some as I type this….) Plus it’s a slightly healthier snack that will keep you away from those cookies in the pantry 😉
The best part about this recipe is that you can change any of the add ins. Use different kinds of nuts, sunflower seeds, raisins, craisins- whatever you like!
4 cups rolled oats
1 cup sliced or slivered almonds
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup dried coconut flakes
1/3 cup canola or olive oil
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 300*F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) In large bowl, stir oats, nuts, and coconut flakes together.
3) In a separate bowl, mix oil, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon together until combined.
4) Add oil mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5) Spread mixture onto a baking sheet.
6) Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven and stir.
7) Return to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes.
8) Remove from oven and let cool completely before storing in a resealable container.