This cake is a great addition to a cup of coffee for breakfast
The original name for this recipe is “Cinnamon Fluff.” When I first came across it, I thought it was going to be a recipe for frosting. Instead, it’s a great, fluffy coffee cake that is full of cinnamon.
The addition of the buttermilk in the recipe makes the batter have a fluffy consistency, so I can only assume that is where the original name came from. I also added walnuts to the cake because it adds some texture and breaks up the cinnamon taste a bit. Feel free to leave them out if you prefer.
Cinnamon Coffee Cake
1/2 cup softened butter
2/3 cup white sugar
1 and 1/2 cups of sifted flour
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon softened butter
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 325*F.
2) Mix together softened butter, sugar, and eggs.
3) Sift flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
4) Alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk to the butter mixture until combined.
5) Pour into a greased and floured (or use parchment paper) 9×9 pan.
6) Mix together the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the batter. Add 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup walnuts to topping (optional).
7) Bake 40-45 minutes.