If you’re looking for a no fail brownie recipe- this is the one for you!
This is the best Blondie brownie recipe hands down! I have made these so many times I could probably do it with my eyes closed at this point! Blondie brownies are made with vanilla extract and brown sugar instead of the cocoa found in traditional brownies.
I have even mailed these to my husband while he was overseas on deployment and they held up very well- even after 3 weeks!
I don’t remember where I got the original recipe since I’ve been making them for years. But imagine my surprise when I bought a handmade recipe book from an antique store in Kansas a few years ago and this recipe was on the first page. Goes to show that a good recipe can stand the test of time!
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar (I use light)
1 egg, beaten
1 Tbls. vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350*F
2)Measure 1 cup sifted flour. Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift again. Add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. Mix well and set aside.
3) Melt 1/3 cup butter. Add 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar and mix well.
4) Add beaten egg and vanilla. Blend well.
5) Add flour mixture a little at a time, mixing well.
6) Spread into an 8×8 inch pan. You may want to spray the pan or use parchment paper as the batter is a bit sticky.
7) Sprinkle the top of the batter with the chocolate chips.
8) Bake 20-25 minutes.